Royal Golf Hotel
After a successful 9 years in post our Head Chef is moving on to work abroad.
This creates an exciting opportunity for a new Head Chef to build upon the already excellent reputation of the Royal Golf Hotel’s dining experience.
The 4 Star Royal Golf Hotel Dornoch has established itself as one of the premier golfing and leisure hotels in the Highlands, with 22 luxury bedrooms, many over-looking the world famous Royal Dornoch golf course, ranked 2nd best in the world by Golf Digest.
In 2019 we have in addition, 12 luxury two- bedroom apartments to rent on behalf of owners which will undoubtedly provide substantial extra food and beverage sales opportunity.
Working in Dornoch provides a unique and highly sought-after lifestyle. The North Highlands can provide a quality of life second to none with its landscape rich in wildlife and outdoor activities alongside some of the most breath-taking scenery in Scotland.
Accommodation can be provided locally.
Our preferred candidate will:
- Be qualified to Level 3 in professional cookery, or equivalent and demonstrate experience of working in a high-quality establishment.
- Display high standards of cooking and food presentation utilising flair and creativity to deliver menus using fresh, local and seasonal produce.
- Varied and extensive knowledge of food and menu construction and costing
- The ability to manage costs and minimise wastage by running an efficient kitchen
- Have strong management and leadership skills, inspiring the team to work towards achievable goals
- Be capable of exhibiting strong guidance, motivation, development and management of the team
- Have a flexible approach to working hours, the nature of the business is a requirement to work annualised hours between March and January.
- Have knowledge of, and commitment to, compliance with Health & Safety, environmental, employment and relevant legislation.
We offer an attractive salary package plus a bonus payable upon achievement of sales and GP targets.
Whilst the position is for a Head Chef this may suit an ambitious Sous Chef ready to progress.
All applications should be submitted by email and will be treated in the strictest confidence.
When applying please include a written covering letter explaining how you consider you meet our requirements.
Applications should be addressed to:
Robert Ratcliffe, General Manager. email: email@example.com
(closing date for applications Friday 25th January 2019)
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data to RGH Dornoch Limited and all relevant third parties for the purpose of processing your application for this position. You understand and acknowledge that your personal data will be processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy, a copy of which is available on request.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.